01 02 03 corral b.: goals for 2015, revisited. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

goals for 2015, revisited.

34
my first post of 2015 was setting some goals for the year. now that it's the end of the year, i thought it would be fun to reflect on how i did on those goals before i set new ones for 2016.

 

1.) i actually did go sub-30! it wasn't in an official race though, just once on the treadmill and once in a virtual (garmin timed) race. i had hoped to get it again in a timed race, but i let my speed training go to the back burner. oh well, at least i know i accomplished this! 

2.) so sad, but this didn't happen in either of my half marathons. in fact, i finished my two half marathons this year within seconds of each other, and they were far worse times than my first half marathon. still chasing this sub-2:30!

3.) oh my god, this is so embarrassing, but i didn't get in to a pool ONCE this year. i bought new goggles and caps, and then never went to my pool. that will definitely have to change this year as i take on my first tri!

4.) this didn't really happen either. while i was much better at sticking to a training plan than i ever was last year, i still fell off the wagon before race day. so this is still something to work on.

5.) i did an 8k! and loved it! it's a fun distance, and a fun race when it's the shamrock shuffle. so i'm doing it again!

so that's 2/5 accomplished. while that's pretty crappy, i had a lot of achievements in my professional life in 2015, so that's what i'll focus on for now. onward to 2016!

did you meet your fitness goals for 2015?

-b

Labels:

35 36 37 38