01 02 03 corral b.: (tri)ing something new... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(tri)ing something new...

34
i've been playing with this thought in my head for a bit now, and, after i realized i wouldn't be registering for the nyc half, i finally took the plunge. i'm officially registered for my first triathlon!
i'll be doing the iron girl sprint triathlon in pleasant prairie this coming summer. it will require swimming 1/2 mile, biking 12 miles, and running a 5k to call myself a triathlete, but i'm ready to take it on!

i chose this race for many reasons. it's an all-girls race, which i think will make for a fun, girly environment (what? i want a cute shirt.). it's also super, super, super beginner friendly. they even offer a buddy wave for swimmers so that participants can have somebody swim with them if they're feeling nervous. plus, if i finish, i'll be able to mark another state off my list :) there's a bunch of little things that i think add up to make this a great race for my first triathlon.

it's not until august, so i have plenty of time to train, but i think i'll try adding some swim and bike cross-training in to my schedule for my spring half marathon. i want to finish this race strong and proud, and maybe feeling like i can take on a longer distance? we'll see!

have you ever done a triathlon?

-b

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38