01 02 03 corral b.: ten miles. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

ten miles.

34
it literally took yelling and crying to get myself out the door sunday morning, but i finally hit the double digits on my run.
technically, i was supposed to do this run last wednesday (yes, as in almost a week ago) but wednesday had me staying for 24 hours at northwestern memorial for a research project, and by the time i returned on thursday, i was exhausted. when friday rolled around, i really didn't want to go out and run. i made every excuse possible, and decided "saturday, i will run" but when i went out on saturday, i hated being out there and gave up only a couple miles in. 

i really didn't understand why i was avoiding my long run so much; maybe because 10 miles just sounds so. far., maybe because i knew i would be sore afterwards, i don't know. all i know is that sunday morning found me getting pushed off the bed by my boyfriend as i tried to sleep through another run, and finally me breaking down in tears, yelling at him that i didn't want to do it. poor guy. but, with his help, i sucked it up, slipped on my shoes, and headed out for ten miles.

honestly, the first 5 miles were not bad. i was keeping exactly on pace, i fueled and didn't lose too much time from it, and i honestly thought "i could do another set of this, no problem!" the second half definitely wasn't as easy. my hips got tight, my body got hot, and i was tired. i fell off pace and definitely considered cutting back down the path to head home. but i kept going, and before i knew it, i was done. i was so happy!

as expected, i was pretty sore later in the day. luckily, my compression socks already came in the mail (procompression is speedy, you guys!) and so, again with the help of my boyfriend, i got those suckers on and relaxed a bit.

i can't believe i'm leaving for LA in about two weeks, but i am more determined now to keep my training up and go in to my half marathon as confident as possible. i won't have anybody to push me off the bed if i don't want to head out for 13.1 miles that morning, so i have to motivate myself.

did you have a hard time doing your first double digit run? what helped you push through?

-b

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38